Monday 25 July 2011

Cloudy Sky

I wake up to the sound of detuned radio coming from my radio 4:30 a.m. SLAM! I turn it off immediately. I’m so, so sleepy. I am sure I won’t gather the force to stand up, and get ready for school. Mmm…

-“Sofia, Wake up!” says my brother as he walks in my room turns on the light and kicks my bed. Which maybe because of the slippery floor bounces really hard, and makes my mood darkens. “Go away!” I scream and cover my face with my blankets once more to keep myself in the deep, warm, calm, dark, such a comfortable little cloud in the whole crazy world. I hear my brother footsteps leave the room… finally. If my brother has already come to wake me up it means its 5:00 a.m. Yey! Thirty minutes more of sleeping, not a lot through. Maybe I would have more energy if I hadn’t come to my bed in midnight, but it was worth it I think I just discovered my new favorite song.

Well the act won’t work, I know one way or another I will end up in school today. Let’s get up… nah! It can wait. I look thought my window the sky is dark red almost orange, not a single star in the sky, little blurry the fog has been gathering in there for a long night. It looks just like the sky I saw when I came to my bed at midnight only a little foggier, and less cloudy. What a beautiful view I got. Only turn my head about 45 degrees and I can see the water volcano and the city from one of the most beautiful view in the whole country.

When I was little I used to feel completely indifferent to the weather so when I wander what to wear I just looked thought this exact same window, and depending on the movement of the threes leaves, I decided what to wear. This still has not changed; everything looks equally the same from my point of view. I am not a very detailer’s person.

I remember my father saying “if you don’t like the weather here in Guatemala just wait.” And it’s true most of the time we go from freezing cold to way so hot, or maybe is just Guatemalans are very sensitive to whether changes. Still when I see the sky I feel happy no matter if it is dark, cloudy, blurry, or clear. Everything seems to be better when you look up. It always looks so beautiful. Many times during class I find myself staring at the sky for long moments, for no reason. I just like how it looks. Maybe other people feel the same way about looking up.

Its time to wake up! I give myself a little slap in my face and let my feet touch the ground, and the real world. Monday, the worst day of the week, yet let’s face it with a smile, and maybe it won’t be so hard to stay up even with only four and a half hours of sleep. The sky is always punctual I shall be in time for school, at least today.

No comments:

Post a Comment