Monday 18 July 2011

Getting a Distraction

Back at Saint Agnes, Saint Paul; once more spanish class, I have a lonely space in the corner of the class, no one behind, in front, or beside me. This is another class in which as exchange student I do nothing, but some type of community service for the school teachers. 
Boring, boring, boring, boredom.
I seat on my desk, and prepare for such a wearry rutine of my spanish class. As always I am late, verry late, enought to be scolded yet I am an exchange student which I dont understand why gives me some kind of inmunence to any detention. SeƱora Perez as always happily greets me in the class, some of the classmates seem to be waiting to see me get scholded, but no luck I may say.
This class is ful of mexican stuff, Miss Perez is mexican and shows this guys a verry funny mexican spanish witch accent make me laught. Even if I have to concentrate so much to stop myelf from laughting, but with the time I learned to stop my need to do this.
Almost in the half of the class comes a guy inside the class. He is tall; blond, long, curvy hair; with a weird smile and incredibly huge, dark eyes. He waves to some people, and then Miss Perez says he is going to say in this spanish class. then she tells him his seat is the one behind me. He walks almost five steps to reach his place. Maybe having someone sitting close to me might help me socialize in this class in which, together with painting, is the only one in which I have no one to talk to. He might help me get a distraction.
I turn around and greet him -"hi, im Sofia so who are you?" I try to be friendly, and smile -" my name is Zack" he says with that specialy creepy smile of his. Zach seems to be really good friends with Joey another guy whose name I had not been interested in till today. Zach likes to doodle on the pages Miss Perez gives out, and lacks of attention. The day he came in I tryed hard to make friends with him, but scince it seemed pointless after noticing he did not seemed interested in being my friend, I start to tlak to Joey, who is verry much more nice, and friendly person than Zack.
Joey is dark, black hair, and eyes; his skin is verry pale; he has a kind smile, and talking to him could hardly be easier. As days pass by my relationship with Joey grows, and Zack starts trying desesperatly to get my attention.Not many days latter I get to hear from some friends how he is always the center of atteniton withtin his friends, and at a football game Sebastian, who is good friends with everyone in the school, tells me Zack thinks I am hot and verry likely. I wish Sebastian would have never told me that while I still lived there.
I get teased by Zack on a lot. He plays with my hair, pokes my back, send me little notes, try to tickle my neck, etc. When I first saw him get inside the classroom I never imagined this guy would enjoy making my spanish class more annoying. Anyway he makes me always go back to my locker with a story for Mairana.
He seemed like a verry normal guy the first time I saw him get in the class room. this class he stapled his own hand a note saying "whats up?" Joey points this out to me to make me notice as soon as I see it I Take his hand and try to take out the staple, yet it had sank in his hand and made me feel nervous to try to pull it out. He takes the staple out himself, then he does this again, and again till seing his hand stapled makes me feel no surprise.
I wonder why Zack and Joey are friends. They are so different. 
I grow, and short my relationship with both of them gradually I never deeply knew any of them, and in the end the guy I wished to make my spanish buddy was a freak, and the guy who I felt no interest for even his name became a verry good friend of mine. Still all I learned in my spanish class was how to get my distraction, and that sometimes our expectations of people are totaly wrong. We better be ready for a surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment